By partnering with KIN for your builder’s defecting* process, you can be confident that by the time you reach client and pre-settlement purchaser inspections, new owners will be ‘wowed’ by the quality of finish and attention to detail in the presentation of their brand new development or home.
OUR DEFECTING EXPERIENCE. KIN’s national experience as a leading builder’s defecting agency is of significant benefit to our project partners. An influential external builder’s defecting process provides a lower defect count, more effective use of trades and higher purchaser settlement and satisfaction rates at project completion.
By outsourcing this process to KIN, the likelihood of repeat clients is improved, as is the builder’s/developer’s reputation within the construction and development industries.
KIN has been a leader in this space for many years. We have a specifically trained and experienced team who have undertaken defecting for significant builders, including Probuild, Multiplex, Mirvac and Hacer; and developers such as Far East Consortium, Beck, Time & Place. We ensure remarkable results.
KIN can assist in with both pre and post settlement defecting. We understand defecting and work within the guidelines of Australian standards and tolerances.
Pre and Post settlement defecting
KIN offers a comprehensive quality assurance program in the lead up to settlement to ensure a smooth settlement process, as well as post settlement once purchasers become residents.
PRE SETTLEMENT DEFECTING
- Minimise the requirement of trades from returning post settlement, saving you time and money.
- Enable a significantly lower number of defects at client and pre settlement purchaser inspections.
- Deliver fast, accurate processes allowing your trades to rectify issues or defects sooner.
- Ensure your purchasers will be delighted with the quality of finish, creating satisfied customers and a higher likelihood of repeat business.
- Establish and solidify an industry reputation of quality and excellence.
POST SETTLEMENT DEFECTING
KIN offers post settlement assistance to ensure the smooth facilitation and management of the builder’s defect liability period.
- Undertake comprehensive and thorough internal inspections including all visible surfaces, fixtures and fittings.
- Review external aspects, including rendering, brickwork and landscaping within reasonable access.
- Assimilate, compare and reconcile all previous outstanding defects raised and provide liaison between residents and builders to facilitate resolution of outstanding items.
- Provide a detailed report of items identified.
- Provide regular reporting and progress updates.
- On request, manage external specialist opinions and provide feedback and recommendations on appropriate course of action.