Keep your defect numbers low. By partnering with KIN for your builders’ defecting* process, you can be confident that by the time you reach pre-settlement purchaser inspections, new owners will be ‘wowed’ by the quality of finish and attention to detail in the presentation of their apartment or townhouse. the presentation of their apartment or townhouse.
We understand defecting and work within standards and tolerances. KIN have worked with some of Australia’s biggest builders and project managers to achieve remarkable results. KIN bring a level of quality to project completion that enhances builders’ reputations and delights both developers and purchasers.
KIN can assist with both pre and post settlement defecting.
KIN offers a comprehensive quality assurance program in the lead up to settlement to ensure a smooth settlement process.
Our Experienced Defectors:
- Minimise the requirement of trades from returning post settlement, saving you time
- Enable a significantly lower number of defects at pre settlement purchaser inspections
- Deliver fast accurate processes allowing your trades to rectify issues or defects sooner
- Ensure your purchasers will be delighted with the quality of finish, creating satisfied customers and a higher likelihood of repeat business
- Provide an industry reputation of quality and excellence for you.
Post settlement defecting
After settlement has taken place and purchasers become residents, KIN offers post settlement assistance to ensure a smooth facilitation and finalisation of the builder’s defect liability period.
- Undertake comprehensive and thorough internal inspection of the premises including all visible surfaces (paintwork, joinery and
- Review external aspects, including rendering, brickwork and landscaping within reasonable access
- Assimilate, compare and reconcile all previous outstanding defects raised and provide liaison between residents and builders to facilitate resolution of outstanding items
- Provide a detailed report of items identified
- Provide regular reporting and progress updates
- On request, manage external specialist opinions and provide feedback and recommendations on appropriate course of action
Our professional team at KIN have vast experience within the building trade and have a comprehensive understanding of the Victorian Standards and Tolerances 2015. We liaise with all stakeholders to facilitate positive outcomes.
KIN are highly skilled market leaders in customer service and can confidently assist and facilitate a positive outcome for all parties.